Arena FC of Street 7

The 3rd edition of the annual soccer party donated by the Lord Mayor of the Tiko Municipality Chief Moukondo Daniel Ngande ended on Sunday with Arena FC of Street 7 crowned as champions after defeating Chelsea Sport of Water Tank.

The race for the bragging rights as champions of the municipality and or to win the trophy had been on for 6 weeks with the teams from all quarters of the municipality exchanging soccer punches.

The game started at 4:00 PM with the stadium surrounded by over 1500 spectators who gave the security officials a tough job to control them whenever there was a chance to cheer their team.

In the presence of the Divisional Officer (DO) for Tiko,Ngwashi Patrick, the Lord Mayor for the Tiko council and his 3 deputies plus other council officials,officials of Brasseries Du Cameroun , Football  and traditional authorities the two finalist display silky football skills.

It didn’t take much time for defending champions Chelsea Sport of Water Tank to set the ball rolling as at the 6th minutes they took the lead through striker Emeka Okoro after a defensive mix up at the Arena defensive set up.

At this juncture, Arena FC had to do it again the semi finals way. That is come from behind as they did against EEMSA Jnr.

Cometh the 42nd minute of the first half when Emile Otieh stepped up from defense to the edge of the Chelsea Sport 18 meters box to head in the equaliser after a beautiful cross in from Elive Lyonga.The two clubs retired for the half time break on a parity scoreline.

In the second half, Coach Babila Blonski of Arena FC rang the chances and coach Tata Carlson of Chelsea Sport did same too but only one aspect change in the second half being the goal cage the goalkeepers were defending.

Substitute for Chelsea Sport of Water Tank Jerome Fontem and top scorer Kinah Achou forced goalkeeper Ebere Festus of Arena to pull a string of saves.

Goalkeeper Malive Kelvin for Water Tank was equally kept busy by defender Nelson Triya,midfielder Fokala Collins, Blaise Luma and attacking duo kimbi Marcel and Elive Lyonga as they all attempted to register their name on the score sheet.

At full time it was one goal on either side and the game immediately went in the lottery of penalties. Arena FC being no stranger to shootouts given their semi finals experience, held their nerves and succeeded in defeating Chelsea Sport by 4 successful kicks to 2.

At full time, the visibly satisfied president of Arena FC thank the Lord Mayor,promised to be back next year and dedicated the trophy to his just over 1 year old Daughter, Ebenye.

Chelsea sport suffered a defeat for the first time in the tournament at the finals but vowed to be back stronger next year according to their captain Enow John.

A rendezvous has been taken for next summer.

Arena FC of street 7 backed home the first prize FCFA 400 000.

Chelsea Sport of Water Tank were runners up and as reward,they went home with FCFA 200 000.

The prize for the 3rd best team FCFA 100 000went to EEMSA  Jnr of Tiko.

Ebere Festus was voted man of the match following his string of saves in the finals and with that came prize FCFA 20,000.

Nah Desmond of Gunners FC was voted as the best player in the tournament and with that came the cash prize of FCFA 30 000.

The FCFA 20 000 prize for the best Fan club went to Chelsea Sport of Water Tank.

Mahop David was voted as the best referee.

Tournament top scorer is Kinah Achou of Chelsea Sport with 5 goals,the fair play award went to Tipoda FC of the Tiko Wharf while Pool A and B winners at the group stage were equally rewarded with FCFA 30000.

At the end of it all Chief Moukondo thank the Almighty God, youths and all collaborators for a successful tournament and urge them to have their education as a priority while engaging in sports.