Sports4cameroon takes a look at some of the happenings in European football in the weekend and bring to you some of the statistics in the various championships.
1. Four of Arsenal’s 8 Premier League defeats by a margin of 4+ goals have come against Liverpool at Anfield stadium. Surely a no go area for Wenger’s boys
2. Alvaro Morata is the first player in Premier League history to both score & assist a goal in each of his first two home games. Adopted
3. Diego Simeone has had his 200th win as Atletico Madrid manager in all competitions (200 wins in 321 games, 62.3%).The reward of Hardwork.
4. Harry Kane’s failed to score in every PL match he has played in August (13 games), despite attempting 42 shots in those games.He could be advised to go on leave in August.
5. Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 23 Premier League home games vs Everton, since a 0-1 loss in November 1994 (W12 D10). Surely the tofees are having q hard time crossing the Stanford bridge.
6. Arsenal didn’t attempt a single shot on target in a Premier League game for the first time since October 5th 2014 (vs Chelsea). Pretenders or contenders in the league this season. Time will tell.
7. Tottenham dropped only 4 points all through last season at White Hart Lane They’ve dropped 5 points in 2 games at Wembley this season. Is there really a Wembley effect????
8. In La Liga, Espanyol have lost their last four home games. This is their worst run at home in the competition since 2003 (4). They are going through what can termed unwanted home form.Worrying times in Catalunya.
9. Sadio Mané scored against Arsenal on Sunday.He is now the 3rd player to score in the first 3 PL games of a season for Liverpool. Mane comes aftet Fowler in 94-95 & Sturridge in 13-14).
10 Marco Asensio scored in his first attempt on goal against Valencia making his numbers simply remarkable. He has had 7 attempts on target this season scored 6.
10.Olympique Marseille picked up the ball from the back of their net 6 times against Monaco on Sunday. It was the first time the former European champions leaked 6 or more goals in Ligue 1 in 20 years.
The last of time Marseille had such a disaster was against Lyon in May 1997.
11)Arsenal has not recorded a win in their last 8 visits to Anfield
12. Most goals and assists this season in the Premier League;( in order of merit)
1. Mkhitaryan (5)
2. Firmino (4)
3. Morata (4)
4. Lukaku (3)
4. Mané (3)
4. Martial (3)
4. Pogba (3)
4. Salah (3)
It promises to be hotly contested till the end