Clinton Njie is one of 23 pre-selected Cameroonian players, summoned on Monday by coach Hugo Bross to prepare for Saturday’s home game against Algeria, counting for the World Cup qualifiers “Russia 2018”.
The member of Olympique de Marseille (France) had disappeared from the tablets of the Belgian technician since the victorious African Cup of Nations last February in Gabon, victim, according to sources introduced, a mood swing of a personality influential Cameroonian football that would have asked for his definitive exclusion from the “Indomitable Lions”.
The other notable fact in this group and outside the absence of Karl Toko Ekambi (SCO Angers, France) is the convocation of Frantz Pangop (Union of Douala), the only player playing in the local championship who replaces Eric Choupo Moting (Stoke City, England), injured.
Third in her group with only 3 points, Cameroon, it is recalled, is already dismissed from the race for the World Cup and will play only for the honour.
The players summoned by Hugo Bross are:
1.Ondoa Frabrice (Sevilla FC, Spain)
2. Goda Jules (AC Ajaccio, France)
3. Bokwe Georges (Mjondalen, Norway)
4. Ngadeu Ngadjui Michael (Slavia Prague, Czech Republic)
5. Teikeu Adolphe (FC Sochaux, France)
6. Mabouka Ernest (Maccabi Haifa, Israel)
7. Castelleto Jean Charles (Brest, France)
8. Leuko Serge (CD Lugo, Spain)
9. Fai Collins (Standard of Liège, Belgium)
10. Banana Yaya (Panionios, Greece)
11. Nouhou Tolo (Seattle Sounders, USA)
12. Mandjeck Georges (Sparta Prague, Czech Republic)
13. Siani Sébastien (KV Oostende, Belgium)
14. Franck Zambo Anguissa (Marseille, France)
15. Boumal Petrus (Urals, Russia)
16. Njie Clinton (Marseille, France)
17. Aboubakar Vincent (FC Porto, Portugal)
18. Moukandjo Benjamin (Jiansung, China)
19. Bassogog Christian (Henan Jianye, China)
20. Nsame Jean Pierre (Young Boys, Switzerland)
21. Moumi Ngamaleu (Rheinorf, Austria)
22. Fabrice Olinga (Royal Mouscron, Belgium)
23. Pangop Frantz (Union of Douala, Cameroon)